Treadmills have long been one of the most popular forms of exercise around the globe. It’s a staple piece of equipment in nearly every gym and home of fitness enthusiasts. Whether you’re a beginner or running pro, searching out the most expensive treadmill can help you achieve your fitness goals more effectively and with greater enjoyment. This is a complete buying guide covering what makes expensive treadmills worth it compared to cheaper ones and showcases the best of the best, with price tags to match.
FYI: The most expensive treadmills are AlterG anti-gravity treadmills, which range from $35,000 to $75,000. They are used for physical therapy to rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and body impact. But rest assured, the personal use models we’ve selected are a fraction of the price!
High End Treadmill for home: t22.9 REFLEX™
The t22.9 REFLEX™ treadmill is an eye-watering $11,999. Freemotion designs the best performing and most durable treadmills for luxury fitness club facilities but this top model is also available to buy if you can afford a state of the art home gym. It comes with industry-leading cushioning and shock absorption, an ultra responsive 5.0 CHP Commercial Drive Motor up to 15 mph, as well as superior workout classes & tracking metrics for performance focused fitness junkies.
Why Should You Invest in an Expensive Treadmill?
Anybody using a gym at home knows that cheap equipment does not last long and that it is best to invest in superior, high-quality equipment. The answer is quite simple: with a higher-priced treadmill, you can anticipate better components, functionality, and, warranty protection.
First and foremost, you’ll receive a better motor with more horsepower. When you’re passionate about training, a greater horsepower motor is necessary. As your fitness improves so does the intensity and duration of workouts. Good motors can withstand heavy use over time and have much longer lifespans because of durable materials and efficient cooling systems to prevent overheating. If you’re used to a quicker pace or do interval training sprints , you don’t want to be restricted by the treadmill’s top speed. Many will only go up to 8-10mph and you’re still jogging at 6mph!
Then there’s the issue of long-term viability. A low-cost treadmill could only give a certain amount of mileage before a component fails. Your daily routine will be disrupted, and you’ll have to wait for a specialist to arrive (and spend money in the process). A high-end system, on the other hand, should endure for generations, and if it does break down, you’ll get a better warranty and customer support. Assembling, dissembling and transporting large return items like this is hassle you don’t need with a busy life.
If you buy a good treadmill, you’ll also receive superior electronics and features. Dashboards have greater ability to tailor settings and workouts to your needs. The most expensive treadmills offer greater accuracy in tracking metrics. That is, the sensors detect distance, speed, heart rate, and calories burned with more precision. Information on cheaper models is less reliable and owners tend to use alternative fitness trackers such as foot pods or running watches.
Modern comforts like aux or Bluetooth connectivity, app integration, and even multimedia possibilities will be available on a few higher-end devices. Do you like to see stunning sights on a 22-inch display? What about a treadmill with Netflix or surf the internet? You can do so with a high-end treadmill.
Lastly but not least, they have advanced shock absorption, which provides more cushioning for a smoother, quieter ride. The lower impact will preserve the surface under the belt and your joints to help avoid injuries.
Our Top Picks for Most Expensive Treadmills
3. Assault Fitness Runner Elite Treadmill
- It is extremely lightweight and has no-limit functionality, which differentiates it from others.
- Instead of using electricity, it works on the user’s movement to power the tread belt.
- It is built with corrosion-resistant hardware that helps it last more than 140,000 years.
- The curved deck makes it possible to change the belt without using the uncomfortably hard inclination style.
|Color||Charcoal/ Black Frame|
|Speed Rating||20 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||69.9 inches|
Assault Fitness is well-known for providing top-tier facilities to some of the world’s greatest athletes. A manual treadmill, like AirRunner, is a good alternative for a home or garage gym, but it is still not cheap. This treadmill is the most user-friendly you’ll find anywhere.
The AssaultRunner Elite radically reinvents the manual treadmill, with improved steel construction, guaranteed stability, and limitless usefulness in a streamlined, power-efficient design. Few high-performance running equipment is as light and mobile as the AssaultRunner, and its small size allows it to be used in any training environment.
This treadmill does not utilize power, instead of relying on the energy generated by the user’s movement. Even if you adjust your output randomly, this machine will quickly conform to your chosen pace. There is no speed limit. If you want to push yourself during a workout, this treadmill is up to the challenge.
The AssaultRunner Elite is well-equipped to survive longer than you may anticipate, with a metal frame and handrails, corrosion-resistant fasteners, and a 150,000-mile slats belt running surface. That’s correct – 150,000 isn’t a typo. You do not need to alter the belt tension or change the deck.
- No speed limit
- Lasts up to 150,000 miles
- Power-efficient design
- Only 17-inch wide
1. Precor TRM 835 Commercial Series Treadmill
- Arrives with a Foot Plant Technology (IFT) and Ground Effects Impact Control System (GFX).
- The treadmill includes 25 preset programs to choose from.
- It has a lifetime warranty on certain parts of the framework and a 10-year warranty on others.
- Heart rate sensors are mounted exactly on handlebars for easy accessibility.
|Speed Rating||15 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||60 inches|
Precor has built commercial-grade machinery for years to survive the repeated, hard workouts of fitness clubs, resorts, and spas, earning a reputation for quality and longevity.
The Precor TRM 835 is a high-quality, low-impact treadmill with Integrative Foot Plant Technology (IFT) and Ground Effects Impact Control System (GFX) for a competitive and enjoyable exercise.
The treadmill surface is padded in the front wherever your heel falls but more firm in the back to give you a strong kick-off, thanks to Ground Effect padding. The decks and belt don’t need to be lubricated or maintained, and curved steel wheels keep the belt straight, reducing upkeep and sound.
There are 25 pre-programmed workouts to choose from. Speed, inclination, duration, tempo, average speed, calories, heart rate, time remaining, percent complete, minutes in the zone, cals/min, cals/hr., watts, METS, goal HR, average HR, elevation gain, exercise summary are all displayed on the console.
Touch heart rate sensors are mounted on the handlebars for greater accuracy and convenience of use by exercisers of various sizes. Alternatively, any 5 kHz Polar compliant wireless chest-strap transmitters can be used (not included).
The jogging track is 22 by 60 inches with a 0-15 percent gradient. A lifetime warranty backs the framework and welds of the Precor TRM 835 Commercial Series Treadmill.
- Lifetime warranty
- Excellent functionality
- Superior material construction
- Lacks a bit of strength
2. 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
- It has an Elite Runner Console that offers pre-programmed workout courses for better training.
- The One-Touch Incline allows you to lift your treadmill track to a 15% angle.
- It comes with a soft Orthopedic belt that provides plenty of cushions.
- For enjoyment, you have tons of audio options to choose from the advanced console.
|Speed Rating||13 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||62 inches|
With a variety of pre-programmed tracks, fitness tests, one-touch speed and elevation adjustments, heart rate management, and the capacity to build your exercises, you’ll never be confused or overloaded with your programming possibilities.
With a great incline motor that gives a challenging exercise, you can get in shape quicker. As you work your way to a healthier self, you’ll feel the burn. Interval training with an inclination acceleration of 1% per 1.5 seconds allows for more advanced routines.
The professional Ortho Flex Shock suspension system of the 3G Cardio Elite Runner treadmill provides lots of comforts. Treadmill straps made by 3G Cardio are wider and much more pleasant to work out on.
Built-in loudspeakers allow you to listen to music while working out. You may connect your tablet or smartphone and listen to the newest TV episode or movie through the audio system speakers.
The treadmill offers decades of fantastic training workouts on a 3G Cardio Treadmill in the comfort of your own house are provided by a club-rated 4.0 HP motor and 386lbs of muscle beneath your shoes. The engine on your Elite Runner Treadmill is covered by a Lifetime Warranty, giving you peace of mind along with all that strength.
- Decent horsepower
- Sturdy design
- Excellent functionality overall
- A bit wobbly surface
4. SpeedFit Speedboard ProXL
- It uses gravity and the runner’s strength to sustain the belt running and moving.
- Because of the high-performance and near-frictionless rollers, running on this treadmill feels significantly more natural.
- It doesn’t make much noise while you run on it, which provides a good training atmosphere.
- With the aid of a simple test, the Speedfit system can simply design a choice of 5000 individualized programs.
|Speed Rating||12 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||67 inches|
The SpeedFit Speedboard ProXL treadmill might be just what you need to meet your fitness goals. Everyone has different fitness goals. You may want to reduce weight for health reasons, or you may want to be in shape to increase your confidence. Whatever the reason, you must pay the full cost of sweating it out to achieve your fitness goals.
Based on a brief test that requires less than 10 minutes, the Speedfit system will list 5000 personalized workouts. Speedfit incorporates walking while eliminating jogging and replacing it with short-term sprinting on the balls of your feet.
While motorized treadmills eliminate some of the obstacles associated with running, the Speedboard ProXL preserves all of the challenges related to running by rolling the belt using only gravity and the runner’s effort. It burns more of your energy in a shorter period. As a consequence, you will lose significantly more calories.
Running on the Speedboard ProXL feels more natural since the slats are designed on near-frictionless, elevated bearings. Running on this curved treadmill is incredibly smooth, contributing to the overall impression of a wild gallop.
- 5000 personal workouts
- Burn out more calories
- Short-time sprinting
- High-performance belt
- Bad customer service
5. Bowflex Treadmill T22
- It provides a wide inclination that has a range from -5% to 20%.
- It comes with a powerful motor of 4 horsepower that allows the treadmill to run up to 12 mph speed.
- It features a Soft Drop mechanism to reduce the footprint up to 40% more than normal.
- It features a 22-inch LCD screen to display the workout performance with ease.
|Speed Rating||12 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||60 inches|
The Treadmill 22 is Bowflex’s most recent and sophisticated model, and it’s intended to delight (almost) everyone. This treadmill is solidly built, with a 4-horsepower engine, a 60-inch long by 22-inch wide running surface, and Comfort Tech deck padding that absorbs stress even at greater running deck speeds.
It offers the widest inclination range on our list, ranging from a 5% fall to a 20% incline to mimic jogging up and down hills, and it accommodates the most human weight (400 pounds). It has a SoftDrop folding technology that minimizes its overall footprint by more than 40%.
This incline treadmill features an adjustable 22-inch touchscreen that lets you join alongside trainer-led exercises. You may go to places all over the world and explore 50+ worldwide routes that auto-adjust to your pace in real-time (through the JRNY, which needs a membership) or stream your preferred content from a variety of popular streaming platforms.
But, before you purchase this motorized treadmill, make sure you have the necessary space. It’s huge at 85 inches in length, 39.6 inches in width, and 70 inches in height.
- 22-inch touchscreen
- Reduce footprint up to 40%
- SoftDrop technology
- Comfort tech cushions
- Requires JRNY membership
6. WOLFMATE Fitness Curved Treadmill
- It features a tension bolt that can be used to adjust the level of resistance.
- It has a rubber belt, which is perfectly cushioned to protect your knees from injuries.
- It comes with rolling wheels that allow you to move the treadmill with ease.
- A wide running area with handrails that allows you to do exercise without safety risks.
|Speed Rating||12 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||60 inches|
WOLFMATE is the embodiment of contemporary fitness. Trying to provide a low-carbon lifestyle, a better, more natural, and safer exercise to the general population. It is appropriate for all ages, including athletes, runners, sports enthusiasts, office workers, and the elderly.
The WOLFMATE curved treadmill is an excellent choice for increasing your running and training activities. It is also intended for various training activities such as walking, running, sprinting, etc. A distinctive curved shape provides natural running input and makes running simpler; it burns 60% extra calories than a standard electric treadmill and 30% more calories than jogging outside.
The environmentally friendly structure and self-power design transform you into the treadmill’s engine. An updated 8-level adjustable resistor is specially built for power training and intense aerobic workouts. It is even beneficial for increasing muscle strength or burning calories. The resistance caused when sprinting with a parachute serves as a model for our speed resistance mechanism.
To support your knees, the rubber belt provides cushioning and excellent shock absorption. This treadmill offers a proper running posture that will ensure that your action does not harm your feet, hips, and spine. It is simple to maintain and construct, has no maintenance costs, is long-lasting, and has a very long service life. With built-in caster wheels and a grip, the treadmill is simple to transport.
- Caster wheels
- 8-level resistance adjustor
- Curved frame
- No LCD screen
7. LifeSpan Fitness TR7000i
- It comes with customizable workout plans to assist you during your workout properly.
- It features a powerful 3.5 horsepower motor that allows you to move at 12 mph.
- It has 15 levels of incline and three levels of decline to increase the intensity of the workout.
- An Intelli-Step function is there to count every step that keeps the count of your steps while working out.
|Speed Rating||12 miles per hour|
|Deck Length||62 inches|
The TR7000i is one of two existing treadmills available with either a commercial or a domestic warranty. This high-end cardio trainer has a large exercise surface, a strong 3.5 CHP engine, a 15-level inclination, and Bluetooth automated workout tracking for popular fitness applications.
On-board exercise programs have you equipped whether you’re running to reduce weight or preparing for a competition. With 15 levels of inclination and three levels of decline, you can precisely target your exercise objectives.
The heart rate sensor grips make it simple to monitor your heart rate and stay inside your target training zone. Intelli-Step functions similarly to a pedometer, constantly recording your every step.
This light commercial treadmill boasts durable parts, a 62-inch track, an iPad connection, and an excellent array of programs. It comes with a comprehensive warranty for both residential and business use. Customers who join the LifeSpan Fitness Club receive personalized exercises with no restrictions.
- 3.5 HP motor
- Intelli-Step feature
- 62-inch running deck
- Three levels of decline
- Metal wheels
Buying Guide – Things to Look for While Buying the Most Expensive Treadmills
Evaluate the following things when purchasing a treadmill:
- Budget – What kind of budget do you have in mind?
- Extras – Take into account program selections, heart rate monitors, and other elements.
- Users – How many individuals will be using it, and how frequently will they use it?
- Space – How much space do you have available? Should you buy a treadmill that folds up?
- Usage – What will you do with it? Running puts a greater strain on the equipment than walking does, and it needs a longer belt to accommodate the longer stride.
Opt for an engine with at least 1.5 continuous-duty horsepower to make things simple (CHP). You should choose 2.5 to 3.0 CHP if you plan on jogging on the treadmill regularly. Depending on your weight, you’ll also want a more powerful engine.
Treadmill Space and Folding Nature
Although a foldable treadmill appears to be a smart alternative, it still takes up the room when folded. Other factors to consider are how easily some versions can be folded, unfolded, and moved.
On the framework and motor, seek a lifetime warranty or at least a 10-year warranty. A 5-year warranty on electronics is recommended. A two-year guarantee on parts and labor is recommended.
Treadmill Minimum Specifications
- Stability – It should not wobble whenever you walk or walk on the treadmill, and the structure should stay steady.
- Speed – If you want to run, invest on a treadmill with ten mph or greater top speed.
- Maximum Weight Rating – This is something to think about if you’re a bigger person, and it’s also a sign of the treadmill’s durability. To get a more reasonable value, remove around 50 pounds from the highest customer weight rating (which would be optimistic).
- Incline – Purchase a treadmill with a 10% or greater inclination. If the treadmill includes a decline option, it will accurately represent outdoor running conditions.
- Cushioning – The belt must be at least 48 inches in length and 18 inches broad when jogging. If you’re over 6 feet tall, you’ll need to have at least a 52-inch strolling belt and a 54-inch running belt.
- Control Panel – This should be easily accessible and straightforward to utilize.
- Belt Size – The running bed must cushion the impact, and the belt should not shift with each step.
Try Before You Buy
Create a list of treadmills you’re considering buying and phone around to see if they’re obtainable in your area. Each treadmill should be used for at least 10 minutes. Even though when jogging, make sure it’s silent and doesn’t wobble. Look for the cup holder while you’re at it. Is there a spot where you can store your music app or mobile? Is it possible to include a book rack?
The Most Expensive Treadmills surpass the less expensive treadmills in almost every regard. Whether that’s effectiveness, convenience, durability, or amusement, you get the whole package.
The most excellent treadmills can handle even the most seasoned sportsmen and pros, and it never gets very hot or slows down. It will stay with you until you reach the exercise goals you set for yourself.
John is a Certified Personal Trainer – Exercise Fitness Specialist who loves to share his experience to assist you reach your fitness goals.